From: Customer Response Center CRC_at_novell.com
Subject: Re: SUSE 9.2 licence and copying question/issue
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 09:11:13 -0700 (17:11 CET)

Hopefully the following Q&A answers your questions.

Q. Am I allowed to install SuSE Linux from these CDs/DVDs on more than one computer?
A. Yes. As long as you are getting no "reward" (particularly cash) from a third party when you install on your machine or a friends.

Q. Am I allowed to install SuSE Linux from these CDs/DVDs on another computer than the initial one and then sell that computer?
A. Yes. As long as you are getting no "reward" (particularly cash) from a third party when you install on your machine or a friends.

Q. Am I allowed to make copies of the CDs/DVDs and distribute them among friends of mine for free?
A. Yes. As long as you are getting no "reward" (particularly cash) from a third party when you install on your machine or a friends.

Q. Am I allowed to make copies of the CDs/DVDs and distribute them among friends of mine for a fee i.e. the cost of the blank cds/DVDs? (I guess this one is a no)?
A. Correct the answer is no to this one. If they buy you a donut, or wash your car for the burned copies of SUSE you are in breach of End User License Agreement (EULA).

Thank You!

Novell, Inc., the leading provider of Information Solutions
Customer Response Center
1-888-321-4272
crc_at_novell.com

Donc, meme si Suse est payant, on as le droit de le copier et de le distribuer, en autant qu'on fait pas d'argent avec

Donc la prochaine fois que vous voyez SUSE 9.2 sur un site de torrent, télécharger-le sans honte, vous avez le droit :jap:

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

ok mais... le gars parle de copie du cd d'origine, pas de téléchargement... :?

c'est pareil ..

mais faut surtout pensé que la version pyant ya des logiciel payant et closed source .. fak la version payant ne peut etre redistribuer .. mais la version qui est deja downloadable .. c'est correct ..

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

jai la version 9.1 de suSe en dvd pis ca roule trest bien

jai acheter une revu vla un boute pis yavais ca avec 8)

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

ok mais... le gars parle de copie du cd d'origine, pas de téléchargement... :?

c'est pareil ..

mais faut surtout pensé que la version pyant ya des logiciel payant et closed source .. fak la version payant ne peut etre redistribuer .. mais la version qui est deja downloadable .. c'est correct ..

Nope, cé de la version PAYANTE qu'il parlais, les logiciels inclus.

Une précision par contre concernant le P2P :

I have also asked if it would be o.k. to spread SUSE iso images via P2P sharing, since people could just decide that they are very friendly and as such have many many friends (all those on the respective P2P network for instance)... The reply I got to that was: "we have passed your question to our legal department". Now if my site goes blank and nobody hears from me in the near future, their legal department likely completely misunderstood my message...
In any case, I haven't received an answer to that question either. But anyhow, let's end the FUD, there's no reason to stay away from SUSE because of these incorrect 'no copying allowed so stay away from this distro' claims.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this